Action Buttons for Referenced Inline Tables

I have a detail view for users that displays the "Related Hours" column as an inline table, allowing them to view their existing hours, and also to log new hours. While this all works fine, it would be better if the 'log hours' action that is currently shown beneath the "related hours" inline table could be "Displayed Prominently" at the top of the detail view. However, since it is adding a row to a referenced table, it doesn't seem possible (or worth the effort/complexity of a workaround). 

Is is possible to have "Display Prominently" action buttons that function the same as the 'inline action' buttons shown for inline tables of "Related" columns?

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 10.13.38 AM.png

โ€ƒI want to display this "Log Hours" button as "Prominent" in the parent table detail view. 

Solved Solved
0 3 199
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you are trying to create the "Log Hours" related behavior which essentially seems to be same as "add new row" to child table, then you could do so by creating a LINKTOFORM() action on the parent table that navigates to the child table form by prepopulating the parent table key and and new value as key for the newly created child row being added.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1688185219004.png

In the above image, the "Add Order Details" is the LINKTOFORM() action on the parent "Orders" table that navigates to form of the child table with the following expression by prefilling parent key and adding new key for the child table. LINKTOFORM() expression falls under "App: go to another view within the app" type action.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1688185364729.png

App column type (deep link) - AppSheet Help

LINKTOFORM() - AppSheet Help

Linktoform Example - AppSheet

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

only inline actions. Overlay only on detail views 'cause it would be a row level action

If you are trying to create the "Log Hours" related behavior which essentially seems to be same as "add new row" to child table, then you could do so by creating a LINKTOFORM() action on the parent table that navigates to the child table form by prepopulating the parent table key and and new value as key for the newly created child row being added.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1688185219004.png

In the above image, the "Add Order Details" is the LINKTOFORM() action on the parent "Orders" table that navigates to form of the child table with the following expression by prefilling parent key and adding new key for the child table. LINKTOFORM() expression falls under "App: go to another view within the app" type action.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1688185364729.png

App column type (deep link) - AppSheet Help

LINKTOFORM() - AppSheet Help

Linktoform Example - AppSheet

Thank you!!!!!! I previously tried this, but the actions buttons disappeared when I selected the 'link to another view in the app' action, so I assumed that action couldn't be displayed prominently. Turns out you just have to save first (which you don't have to do on other action types). Rookie mistake. Thanks for the guidance!

Top Labels in this Space