How to access virtual machine in Anthos Externally?

Hi team.

Currently, we have Anthos running on bare metal with the objective of hosting both virtual machines and workloads within a single cluster.

Our virtual machines have been successfully deployed in Anthos, and they are operating as expected. I am able to access the virtual machines by exposing them with virtctl and accessing them via the node IP and port number.

However, we now have a requirement to expose a Windows/Linux virtual machine so that it can be accessed externally, specifically from my local computer using RDP or Terminal. As it stands, the current configuration is limited to the internal bare metal environment, significantly reducing its utility if external access is not possible.

Could someone please provide guidance on the necessary steps or processes to achieve this? We have checked the Anthos documentation, but it does not contain information on external exposure. Even the load balancer provides only the internal bare metal IP.

Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

0 1 200
1 REPLY 1

Hi @idreamincode,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

You may follow this Medium guide. This method demonstrates how you can access a VM through RDP using the node port.

I hope this helps. Thank you. 😃

Top Labels in this Space