New Template - Retail Task Management

Hey everyone, we’ve been working on new templates to showcase the depth that can be achieved with the AppSheet platform. 

We created a Retail Task Management template, which contains deeper features and better styling. We also created a user guide to help get started with setting up the template. This will help users get started on a more advanced app without having to deal with complex features like expressions.

We would love for you to check these templates out, copy them and play with them. If you have feedback, we'd love to see it. If you would like to see more of these, do share your use cases, thoughts and ideas!

Overview

Productivity is one of the top challenges in organizations with a front line workforce especially, in the retail industry. After a thorough research, user journeys that are centered around pain points have been built into this template. The template comes with three permission settings / experiences, tailored for SuperAdmin, Manager, and Staff. Ideally, the SuperAdmin will be able to manage permissions for all users of this template.

Functionality

SuperAdmin

As a Super Admin, I want to edit ‘my profile’ on the app

vchitra_0-1664828971669.gif

Tasks

• View profile
  • Edit profile 

As a Super Admin, I want to add a new staff member

Tasks

• Add staff / staff profile
  • Assign role to staff

As a Super Admin, I want to manage task templates

Tasks

• Set and define priority rules for a task
  • Add task category
  • Edit task category
  • Delete task category
  • Add instructions for a task

Manager

As a manager, I want to assign a task to an available staff member                             vchitra_1-1664832266406.gif

Tasks

• Set availability for staff
  • Find open (unassigned) tasks
  • Select open (unassigned) tasks and assign to staff
  • View status of tasks assigned to staff
  • Reassign tasks to available staff

As a manager, I want to manage my staff roster

Tasks

• Add new staff member
  • Edit existing staff member
  • Delete staff member

Staff member

As a staff member, I want to review tasks assigned to me                                   vchitra_2-1664832343773.gif                     

Tasks

• View assigned tasks
  • Accept assigned tasks
  • Reject assigned tasks and inform my manager 

As a staff member, I want to update accepted tasks               

Tasks

• Edit task status
  • Add or respond to a task note

As a staff member, I want to volunteer for open (unassigned) tasks

Tasks

• Assign a task to myself

As a staff member, I want to keep my profile current

Tasks

• Edit / update my profile image, name

Getting Started

You can navigate to the gallery and copy this template. The template has sample roles, tasks and staff created, feel free to edit them using the Manage tab in the template or you can edit the source sheet to get started. Check out the user guide for customizing the app and integrating it with your workspace account.

We hope that this template helps you in your endeavor to enhance agility and productivity in your organization. If you have specific feedback on the app or suggestions on what types of templates you would like to see in future, we would love to hear your thoughts in this form.

15 9 1,678
9 REPLIES 9

Looks good, appreciate the hard work behind the scenes

Btw @vchitra, is this your first app?
Not that I want to put you on the spot, I want to genuinely say that you did a good job

@vchitra you did a good job. Thank you for sharing. 
Just some small things...

Fabian_Weller_0-1664960440468.png

This leads to a blank screen, because the view "Sheet1_Form" does not exist. I think it should be "Sheet1_Form 2".

In Bots, all Processes are named "New process ..." which makes it hard to understand what they are doing. Same to "New step" or "New task ...".

Good catch on the view name! We most certainly appreciate the feedback. If you have additional thoughts, or perhaps suggestions on use cases, feel free to share them in this thread or update the feedback form

hi @vchitra its a very great development done by you. I would like to add if we can add such login facility in this app. I am using this in my app.

CA_Ankur_Patida_0-1665240011450.png

Why?

Hello vchitra,
Excellent example of a complete application.
I will dig into every aspect of this app.
An example of an application on a single detail screen, a calculator for example, would be of great interest to me. Thank you for this initiative

Diese Vorlage-App ist leider aktuell nicht kopierbar.

Hi @Tommy62 thanks for bringing this up. This has been fixed for now, we have found the issue and the links will be further updated by tomorrow to reflect a permanent fix.