Role for Go to LookML through System Activity Look

Hey,

I have a Look based on the System Activity. I would like to set an alias for the column names. When I select the column and click on Go to LookML, then I get an error that the page does not exists or I don't have the rights.

I'm an Admin but it seems there is a special role still needed for System Activity Looks. Could you tell me what that role is?

Thanks,

Felix

Solved Solved
0 3 1,632
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I now created for each field in my look a custom filed that is simply displaying it. Then I could give the custom fields a name that suits better for the export file.
It is a work around and its not very nice, but it does the job of renaming columns.

Thank you @prabhakaran_mai for your suggestions 🙂  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Folux Using System activity you can create Looks and Dashboards, But you can't access the LookML for those fields, it is not available to users. Those are managed by Looker.

If you want to change the Field name, you could do it in the Look or Dashboard you have created.

Regards,
Prabha Arivalagan

I'm in my Look on the System Activity and press Edit. Then on the columns little gear icon there is no rename option like rename or edit. The only option where I could change the column for the Look is in Go to LookML.

In the end I want to schedule the look but the export should have different column names than the system column names. At the moment I have multiple columns from different sources that are all called ID and that breaks my Json.

I now created for each field in my look a custom filed that is simply displaying it. Then I could give the custom fields a name that suits better for the export file.
It is a work around and its not very nice, but it does the job of renaming columns.

Thank you @prabhakaran_mai for your suggestions 🙂