I would like to know how to do a backup of a Looker hosted Looker.

Looker hosted with Looker.
(It is not Google Core, but Looker hosted, so the URL is looker.com.)
In Looker hosted type,
I would like to backup LookML, Look, Dashboard and Scheduled Plan that I have created.

The following article says that Google Core automatically backs up these files, but is it not possible to do so with Looker hosted?

Thank you in advance.

0 3 82
3 REPLIES 3

All Looker hosted instances are backed up every 24 hours, whether they are on Google Cloud Core or not.

If you ever need to restore from backup, your best bet would be to contact Support.

Thank you!

What will be backed up is the following?

• Various settings in Looker
  • LookML projects
  • Looks and dashboards
  • Scheduling settings via Look or dashboard

Will all of these be backed up?
Will they be backed up for the entire past period?

Yes, the backup includes all settings, all Looks and dashboards, and all settings on Looks and dashboards. 

LookML project settings are backed up, but the actual LookML files are not. However, since your LookML files should be stored on a Git repo such as Github or Gitlab, the files will be intact even if you restore from a backup.

I'm not sure what you mean by the entire past period, but I will say that each backup is a single snapshot of time. For example, if you changed settings several times in a day, Looker will not have a backup for each time that you changed those settings. The backups are only taken once every 24 hours.