How to measure Looker Page Load performance metrics?

Hey there.

I think it's pretty easy to see all the "query stats" like how long a query took for each tile/ query/ dash in Looker. And how to then optimize the query part.

However, the query + database side is only one element.

The other is the actual "Looker Web Server" that serves up the text and graphics. We self-host this. I can ask that technical team, but how might one typically monitor ... either slow page loads, hang ups, break-downs ... and this issue is entirely separate from the "database/ query" part.

The database might be trying to calculate the billionth digit of Pi, however, the web server might only be asked to "render" this singular digit, which is quite easy.

Conversely the query might be very easy, but the "rendering" is huge, and the web server is massively under-provisioned. Of course, I'm going to look into monitoring CPU & RAM usage of the web server and see what our scaling policies are.

Still, it would be nice to have something like "average page load time" across Looker by day/ hour ... and how often stuff fails to load/ breaks. Would this be done just by adding GA tags within Looker, or is there a clean method to do this?

0 0 237