How prevent users to modify content access in Looker

I have a set of folders in the shared directory. For each folder, I have created a user group to enable users to access specific folders by assigning them to the related group.

Sudoing a user, I have noticed that anyone accessing a folder can freely add other users to the directory. Can I disable this permission to have a centralized rigid content access management?

0 2 272
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @cattanisimone !
I recommend you to check this part of the Looker documentation:
Access control and permission management  |  Looker  |  Google Cloud
There are 2 types of permissions that you can allow to the users when you are setting the Content Access - View or Manage Access,Edit. It's very important to remove the All Users Group permission as it's by default set when defining the Content Access.
That's probably why all of the users can manage the content access.

dsimeonova_0-1708446777208.png

Please share if this helped and solved the issue ☺️

Hello @dsimeonova,

I had a conversation with support, my issue is that Edit and Manage Access are not separated permissions. My ideal solution would be the possibility to allow some groups to Edit but not to Manage Access to a specific folder.

There is already a request in product ideas (https://portal.feedback.us.pendo.io/app/#/case/43447?currentProductId=53ee6715-9dcb-471f-bd41-7846ac...), let's see what happen