How can I share my models to others?

Hi there!! ?

I’m very confused about Looker.
It is my first time with Looker, so I’m having some issues.

For example, I’m Admin, and I created models and dashboards, that I’d like to share with others.
The others have access to my dashboards, but they cannot see the graphs, and they also can’t see my models. Even me when the “Development Mode” is off, I can’t see neither.

I was reading something about Production and Development, that involves Git and things like this.
And I was hoping not involve Git, is it possible??
I wish they can see both, the models and dashboard with graphs. How can I do that?

Thank youu!!!

2 10 1,572
10 REPLIES 10

Did you ever figure this out?

Totally!! Thanks 😊

Awesome, do you remember what the fix was? Just in case someone else runs into this same problem.

If you do not deploy  other's won't be able to see them. Otherwise you have to grant development rights to the other users.

You need to grant development access to others to your model by creating model set and granting necessary roles.. Otherwise you have to deploy for others to see your dashboard (viewer license and proper role to be set up using model set)

Hi Rafaella, 

I find myself encountering the same challenge presently. Would you be so kind as to share the solution for sharing models and dashboards with users and viewers?

Thanks and regards

Achala 

You actually have to push the model to production

Thank You @rightmirec  for your valuable support. 

Hey everyone, sorry, I didn't see all these comments before 😐

It is like the others said:

Looker has a development and a production mode. When you are changing things in LookML, you are in Development mode, and only you can see the changes that you made. So if you want the others to see those changes, you need to send them to production. You can do that by committing and pushing (Looker works with Git). And after that, the others will be able to see the new information.

Achala_Fcpl if you need more help, call me 😃

Thank You @rafaella_gomes  for your clear explanation. I've followed the steps you provided, and I'm pleased to mention that everything is now functioning as intended.