Connects my BigQuery to looker

I'm currently working on connecting BigQuery to Looker for a project, and I'm encountering some challenges. Despite following the documentation and trying a few troubleshooting steps, I'm not getting the seamless integration I was hoping for.

After I finished to setup my connection I tried to test it and every time I get this error:

{ "code": 400, "errors": [ { "domain": "global", "message": "Cannot parse as CloudRegion.", "reason": "badRequest" } ], "message": "Cannot parse as CloudRegion.", "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT" }' connecting to Bigquery. Please check your service account user credentials.

I'm wondering if any of you have experience with this particular setup or have faced similar issues in the past. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!

2 5 813
5 REPLIES 5

@Yuvalper  - It mostly looks like an issue in doing the connection configuration, you can post the screen shot of the BQ connection configuration here and it may help in understanding the issue better.

~Ashish

Of course! 

Yuvalper_0-1692727736222.png

*The billing project id is the right one in 100%

Hey @Yuvalper I'm also having the same problem. Did you fix this somehow?

Solved it. I was getting the billing ID, and not the project billind ID, which is different. It worked fine here as soon as I changed it

@Yuvalper If you're sure about the billing project id, let's check whether the Service Account you are using is configured well and has all the necessary permissions.