Choose folder to download a LookerML report

Dear GCC community

Use-case: Due to restrictions in the firma, it is forbitten to have a "default" folder when downloading any PDF reports.

Task: Me, as a develepor, have a task to add functionality that asks a user any time he/she tries to download a LookerML Report where to save it. 
So far, i could not find it. The PDF file is always saved to user's downloads directory.

Is there a way to change it? Either to pre-define a default download folder, or open a menu and ask a user where to save?

Related documentation is here
https://cloud.google.com/looker/docs/downloading#downloading_a_dashboard_as_a_pdf

Best regards,
Sergey

Solved Solved
0 1 226
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sergey_b 

Functionality to have a "Save As" window while downloading any PDF it not something that can be done in LookML. 

It is a functionality or I should say a setting of the browser being used. Please access this link to setup this property in browser and it will always ask the user where to save the file getting downloaded. - Link

You can also check this video - Video

~Ashish

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @sergey_b 

Functionality to have a "Save As" window while downloading any PDF it not something that can be done in LookML. 

It is a functionality or I should say a setting of the browser being used. Please access this link to setup this property in browser and it will always ask the user where to save the file getting downloaded. - Link

You can also check this video - Video

~Ashish