Vertex Ai Search for retail

I am struggling with finding the Search service logs from the server side. How do I make sure this information is logged and how do I get to see it. I have setup global logging level to LOG ALL and Info Level Log Sample Rate to 1.

5 1 132
1 REPLY 1

It sounds like you're trying to ensure that your Search service logs are properly captured and accessible. Setting the global logging level to LOG ALL and configuring the Info Level Log Sample Rate to 1 should indeed capture all log information at the Info level and above, ensuring that your Search service logs are included.

Here are some steps you can take to make sure everything is set up correctly and to access the logs:

• Double-check your logging configuration settings to ensure that they are applied correctly to the Search service. Sometimes, misconfigurations or typos can lead to issues in capturing logs.
  • After making any configuration changes related to logging, it's a good practice to restart the relevant services to ensure that the changes take effect.
  • Depending on your setup, logs may be stored in different locations. Typically, they are found in log files within a designated directory. You'll need to navigate to this directory to access the logs.
  • Utilize logging tools or commands provided by your operating system or logging framework to search and filter logs based on specific criteria, such as timestamps or log levels. For example, you can use grep on Unix-like systems or Select-String in PowerShell on Windows.
  • Consider using log monitoring tools that can continuously monitor log files for new entries and provide alerts or notifications for important events. This can help you stay on top of any issues or anomalies in real-time.