Healthcare API can process only 120 requests per min

Dear Google Cloud Support,

I'm reaching out regarding the request limit for the Healthcare API ,which currently allows for 120 requests per minute.

My use case involves analyzing large amount of texts, To effectively meet these needs, I would require the ability to process closer to more than 600 requests per min.

Please advise if there's any possibility to increase the request limit for my specific use case or suggest alternative solutions that could work within the current constraints.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

4 1 87
1 REPLY 1

Increasing the request limit for the Healthcare API beyond the current 120 requests per minute might require a special arrangement with the API provider. Here are some steps you can take:

• Contact the API Provider: Reach out to the provider of the Healthcare API and inquire about the possibility of increasing the request limit for your specific use case. Explain your requirements and how exceeding the current limit would benefit your application.
  • Justify Your Use Case: Clearly outline the reasons why you need to process more than 600 requests per minute. Provide details about the scale of your application, the volume of text data you need to analyze, and the potential impact of the increased request limit on your project.
  • Consider Alternatives: While waiting for a response from the API provider, explore alternative solutions that could work within the current constraints. This could involve optimizing your text processing algorithms to reduce the number of API calls, implementing caching mechanisms to minimize redundant requests, or distributing the workload across multiple instances of your application.
  • Evaluate Other APIs: Look for other healthcare-related APIs that offer higher request limits or more flexible pricing plans. Compare their features, performance, and pricing to determine if switching to a different API would be a viable solution for your project.
  • Optimize Resource Usage: Review your application architecture and resource utilization to identify potential areas for optimization. This could include optimizing code efficiency, improving database performance, or scaling your infrastructure to handle a higher volume of requests without exceeding the current limit.
  • Consider Rate Limiting Strategies: Implement rate limiting strategies on your end to ensure that your application stays within the current request limit. This could involve throttling requests, prioritizing critical tasks, or queueing requests during peak periods to avoid hitting the limit.

By following these steps and exploring various options, you can find a solution that meets your requirements while staying within the constraints of the Healthcare API's request limit.