UI bugs in Explores

Hello,

Just wanted to share some comments on the recent evolution of the explore UI.

There are definitely good ideas in the upgraded field pickers but please, the quantity of UI bugs has increased way too much since 2 or 3 versions… I have a lot of complaints from end users who tells me they are unable to save column order in table visualization, or that Trellis Chart get litterally exploded when resizing the different panes of the explore.

For example, you run a query, you build a Trellis Chart, you want to expand the visualization area, it does not work: you have to run the query again or switch the viz style to reboot the format… This is not a great user experience.

abdce731-bd55-498c-b2bb-2a64a461e38c.png

Another one I discovered yesterday : you run a query with a row limit, for example 1000. Then, you change it to another number, let’s say 500. Then, you remove the row limit to bring all results, it forces the previous 1000. Before, running a query without row limit was defaulting to 5000 max limit. Annoying!

Explore UI is the most important part of Looker IMHO so it deserves the highest level of care to make sure people want to keep on exploring data in self service!

Thanks!

Antho

1 0 85
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors