• 3 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

I have a table like the “Attachment1”

Month Column: 1- 12

Accounts: 3 different accounts

Concept: Actual or Forecast

Amounts: Eur

and I need to create from this table, another table like the attachment # 2. I am using to separate concepts the function “pivot where(select expression, expression)” and it worked, but when I try to pivot the fiscal month column it doesnt work anymore. Do you have any suggestions that could help!? 🙂 please?

Thank you experts!

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Gee_Ouu,

I can’t think of a clean way to do this with table calculations. Do you have developer access? What I would recommend is to make two filtered measures, forecasted_costs and actual costs. Then, you don’t need to pivot on actual/forecast, and you could just use ${forecasted_cost} - ${actual_cost} in your table calculation.

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense!

Morgan

Thank you! Do I need developer access to create those filtered measures? 😕

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Gee_Ouu, yep, only a developer can create measures. If you don’t have development access, I recommend reaching out to a colleague who may be able to do this for you or give you access!

ok, I have a developer team assigned. I have a meeting tomorrow, it seems that one colleague could create this table using calculated tables. If he has the answer that I am looking for, I will share here the solution. Thanks !