Limitting user / user group access only to a perticular model

how do i make sure a user or a user group is limited to one single model in the whole project like accounting model should be only access by a specific group of user.

or if i can just show or limit a user to a specific explorer in the whole model

0 4 267
4 REPLIES 4

Dawid
Participant V

There are two ways, which depends on some details that you haven’t disclosed:

1. You can create a specific role that has access to specific Model Set. 
    1. Create Role
    2. Create Model Set that only has your Accounting model in it
    3. Apply Role to Model Set
    4. Change Role for users
  2. You can create a group called Accounting that sets User Attribute. An attribute not allowed to be changed by people. That attribute is then used in Access Grant set in your model.
    1. Create Group
    2. Create User Attribute “team”
    3. Make sure user_attribute for the people in the group is set automatically
    4. Create access grant
    5. Apply access grant to a model

The main difference is whether those people should see other things (1) in the project or whether they’re the only ones seeing Accounting (2).

There are two ways, which depends on some details that you haven’t disclosed:

1. You can create a specific role that has access to specific Model Set. 
    1. Create Role
    2. Create Model Set that only has your Accounting model in it
    3. Apply Role to Model Set
    4. Change Role for users
  2. You can create a group called Accounting that sets User Attribute. An attribute not allowed to be changed by people. That attribute is then used in Access Grant set in your model.
    1. Create Group
    2. Create User Attribute “team”
    3. Make sure user_attribute for the people in the group is set automatically
    4. Create access grant
    5. Apply access grant to a model

The main difference is whether those people should see other things (1) in the project or whether they’re the only ones seeing Accounting (2).

thanks @Dawid yes the user should be able to view all the other reports but when it comes to creating their own report i want them to be limit to a specific model where i will be adding specific views and fields that they can use for creating their own reports

so what you mentioned will work in that scenario?

Dawid
Participant V

You want them to be able to explore Account model but not other Explores? I’m guessing you still want them to be able to see the content built by other people from those different explores. In this case it may be tricky because you’re mixing two different user types (viewer vs creator) based on a model.

I haven’t done anything like that but I am wondering if creating an Explore role for Accounting Model and then a specific Viewer role to the other model would work. Theoretically it should

You want them to be able to explore Account model but not other Explores? I’m guessing you still want them to be able to see the content built by other people from those different explores. In this case it may be tricky because you’re mixing two different user types (viewer vs creator) based on a model.

I haven’t done anything like that but I am wondering if creating an Explore role for Accounting Model and then a specific Viewer role to the other model would work. Theoretically it should

let me try and will share my experience with you. @Dawid Thanks

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors