Is there a way to remove colored bar for percentages in a drill down?

minerkt
Participant IV

Hi all,

Is there a way to remove the colored bar next to a percentage value in a drill down.  This is how it looks (ignore the custom colored circles):

63bf83a1-c3e6-4417-b2b1-db48d6a6fd88.png

The drill down automatically adds these bars and the coloring is based relationally on all other values.  So for our users, they see the value “99.19%” and believe it to be negative when actually, it is a great score.

Can anyone assist, Looker user or staff?

0 5 421
5 REPLIES 5

n_davis
Participant V

It may help to bring in a different health score field - does it use html or something for the colors and circle?

minerkt
Participant IV

Hi @n_davis ,

So this does use HTML to render those circles, however, those colored bars appear regardless of those.

It is more about the percentage field and it defaults to those colored bars.
When I was looking into drilling last week, I found there is more customization from this resource.  It looks like with this, drill downs can be customized using the “link” attribute in the view file.

Thanks for the suggestion.

n_davis
Participant V

@minerkt I have found: https://xin-looker.github.io/ to be very helpful with creating custom links/visualizations, etc. Basically you create what you want in an explore and then use that to create a custom link. Let me know if you have questions on how to use it, I’ve used it several times. Changing the measure to a number instead of a sum may help, and you should still be able to use custom html with that.

minerkt
Participant IV

@n_davis this is very cool.  I imagine it is similar to the resource in my last post, however, more user friendly.

Thanks!

minerkt
Participant IV

Tested that method above for drill downs and it did not work properly. 

Might be a better option for explores rather than drills.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors