Is renaming the column "Totals" possible?

It appears the column “Totals” is not always a total sum since the feature is based upon the type of a measure. For example, if a measure has type of “average”, then the column “Totals” is an overall average:

c4c58e91-f0a8-47a4-a44b-4ec9dbecbc1f.png

This is great, except that “Totals” is somewhat confusing to users since they assume it means sum.

I understand that since there could be multiple types of totals in one table (total average, overall sum), it has to be a generic name. However, I was wondering if it’s possible to rename it to a custom label.

0 1 575
1 REPLY 1

Hey @Ryan_PS,

There is no direct way to rename that row right now, but I can definitely circulate this with our product team. There is an open request you can follow or upvote here in our Pendo feedback app. If you cannot access that, please let me know. I would be more than happy to upvote it for you. 

https://community.looker.com/getting-started-1006/feature-requests-how-your-feedback-makes-looker-be...

A general workaround would be to use a table calculation rather than use the totals option.

Please let me know if you have any question!

Thanks,

Eric

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors