Hide Column in PIVOT Table Chart

vr_2020
Participant II

Hi,

I want to hide both “Order Items Shipped Date” and “Order Items Count”  as highlighted in Table Chart (two dimensions and one measure) with one dimension pivoted . I mean the complete row should not be visible as shown in “TO:” section as follows

413804da-05a8-435a-b8df-9604b27a8d99.png

TO:

e053b669-0ddc-4e48-afb4-57e221f0f810.png
89de23f1-859f-4940-a195-1abe4f4aba61.png

Tried “Hide from Visualization” for a specific column in Explore → Data section , but that doesn’t serve my purpose.

Any option(s) to achieve the above said scenario please?

Solved Solved
0 10 2,637
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

leobardor
Participant V

@leobardor  - Tried empty char. It works. Thanks. I am quite new to Looker and to this Looker community. Could you please let me know how do we send a request to Looker Product team for this kind of feature/options to get added in Looker? 

Hi Vr,

This is the post where we can find more information about how contact looker engineering support.

https://community.looker.com/getting-started-1006/feature-requests-how-your-feedback-makes-looker-be...

If the answer above was right for you, it will be a good idea that you marked it as the answer to this topic.

Have a nice week!

Leo

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Dawid
Participant V

What do you mean it doesn’t serve your purpose? What’s the output of what you’re doing right now?

leobardor
Participant V

Hi Vr 2020,

I would like to share that there is a hacky way to achieve this:

23223dbb-0361-4ecc-ab0d-223274341b58.png

1.- Visit https://emptycharacter.com/ and copy the empty char

b4ec1012-272e-437b-9bb8-92c4bf2c0d8c.png

2.- Paste this content  in the measure label -edit settings:

206a9aee-575c-4bb0-9f80-1ddbf47ee35a.png

(For instance)Saved as a look:

cc563526-2823-4bce-90c0-aa3556178ef6.png

Hopefully, it will help in others looker fields too

#empty #char #blank #looker #whitespace #field #label #white

Best regards,

Leo

Can we remove blank title row and can we remove/restrict/disable sort order change icon?

vr_2020
Participant II

@Dawid - My bad, here is the screenshot. To answer your question, I tried the following option:

In Explore → Data section trying to hide a measure column by clicking gear icon and “Hide from Visualization” .When I do this,  Visualization section shows error with Empty Pivot(s).

03ee1a5a-e97b-4c97-9b67-524781502693.png

Dawid
Participant V

if you hide the only measure you have in your Data Table, you won’t have anything to Pivot.. 

vr_2020
Participant II

@leobardor  - Tried empty char. It works. Thanks. I am quite new to Looker and to this Looker community. Could you please let me know how do we send a request to Looker Product team for this kind of feature/options to get added in Looker? 

vr_2020
Participant II

@Dawid  - Yes, that’s how it works for my scenario (two dimensions and one measure)

leobardor
Participant V

Hi Vr,

This is the post where we can find more information about how contact looker engineering support.

https://community.looker.com/getting-started-1006/feature-requests-how-your-feedback-makes-looker-be...

If the answer above was right for you, it will be a good idea that you marked it as the answer to this topic.

Have a nice week!

Leo

vr_2020
Participant II

@leobardor - Thanks for the engineering support link. emptycharacter hacky way is really good. I marked it as answer.

However , I am thinking out loud in terms of data security by introducing this type of external link https://emptycharacter.com/ in my looker project. Not sure what’s in there in Copy to Clipboard.

@vr_2020 Are you able to remove the blank row on top of the report where column titles exists before?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors