Google Maps Visualisation - Feeback Thread

Dawid
Participant V

Some of you may have noticed there’s a Lab feature to enable Google Maps Visualisations. It was expected that after aquisition, they would go away from OpenStreetMaps. Let’s gather feedback/tips around it in one place!

Bugs

Draw Map Labels above data doesn’t work:

ed9b7d21-4e14-481b-8398-92fc2ec41164.png
1ffedfca-16a0-4c7e-9db9-720f4da07316.png

The labels are still below the colours of data

Requests

Remove labels that are not needed for the geographical granularity. If I have country data, I don’t need to see the labels for capitals.

0 1 427
1 REPLY 1

LucianaPadua
Participant II

Hi @Dawid great initiative! 

I was trying to figure out if this map option also has the limitation of 5,000 points but I couldn’t. Is it still the same right? 

We work with properties. We have many millions of ids and each of them generate revenue. We would like to see the Density Map or the Heatmap taking into account all of the individual points. In Kibana we would do this using geohash precision field and the aggregation would be automatically done. 

https://www.elastic.co/blog/kibana-5-4-0-released#:~:text=PR%3A%C2%A0%2311466-,Geo%2DCentroid,-Kiban...

But if Looker doesn’t support more than 5,000 points, then I understand the density or heatmaps would be incomplete. Is this correct? 

If it’s correct, then we think a great feature would be to choose precision from a geohash. 

I hope I could explain my idea ?

Thanks 

Luciana

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors