Filter using microsecond precision

Does anyone know if there is a way to filter on time fields (either defined as Dimension Groups or Dimensions under the hood in LookML) such that you can specify a microseconds value?

My data is structured such that it’s critical to be able to apply microsecond-level precision when filtering, such that I can respect the differences between values like 2014-09-03 23:59:59.999999 and 2014-09-03 23:59:59.012347 and treat them differently.

So far, no matter what I’ve tried, I’ve only been able to specify second-level precision when filtering:

• I’ve tried regular filtering using the before and on or after options
  • I’ve tried the matches (advanced) also using the before and after options
  • I’ve tried a custom filter, but date_time/6 truncates the seconds value to an integer
  • I’ve created a separate Dimension for the field I want to be able to filter at microsecond-level precision, and tried to filter on it

This Available Time-Based Types doc made me think that creating a separate Dimension with the type: date_microsecond  parameter might cause the filtering to allow microsecond-level precision, but that was not the case.

For what it’s worth, at this point I’ve been trying to avoid introducing a templated filter/parameter to handle adding in the microsecond-level precision, but perhaps that is the only way to do so...

0 0 82
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space