Copy to clipboard from an explore instead of downloading to txt

As of now, I can copy data from looker to a csv. It would be great if instead, I could just copy it to clipboard so that I could paste it to an excel file/google dock etc.

3 4 1,721
4 REPLIES 4

This would be super helpful if anyone has a solution - thanks!

Hi @vpapanikolaou and @anik2 

This is an excellent idea. There is a request with our product team for a similar feature and I added your use-case to that thread. You can directly submit requests like this to our product team with our Pendo feedback app. If you click the question mark in the top right corner of the UI, there should be an option for “Product Idea?”.  If you do not have this option, feel free to let our team know and we can pass on the feedback for you. 

https://community.looker.com/getting-started-1006/feature-requests-how-your-feedback-makes-looker-be...

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Eric

This would be super helpful. As an analyst, the download step really breaks the ‘flow’ when exploring the data quickly. An as much as we all want to move on from Excel, it’s still the industry standard.

Adobe Analytics has a really good UX here. The ability to right click an copy the entire table to the clipboard, as well as the ability to highlight certain data points to copy and paste individually. 

@Eric_Lyons seems like this hasn't been developed yet.

Is this on the roadmap?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors