Posting to Webex when a Look/Explore changes

I need to alert some stakeholders that prefer to use webex over slack when changes happen in a given look or explore. 

So far I figured that webex has a webhook that might work for this: https://apphub.webex.com/applications/incoming-webhooks-cisco-systems-38054

Problem is looker doesn’t let me change the json that gets posted, and webex only accepts a specific format: json={'text': 'Something changed in blablabla.'}.

I could setup a machine to listen for looker posts, translate them and then post them to webex, but I would prefer to avoid that.

Anyone came across something like this before? How did you get it to work?

0 2 139
2 REPLIES 2

You could use something like Zapier, IFTT, or MS Flow to be the webhook endpoint and handle the translation before forwarding on to webex.

You could use something like Zapier, IFTT, or MS Flow to be the webhook endpoint and handle the translation before forwarding on to webex.

Zapier got me almost there, I was able to share the link for the dashboard and a message. Unfortunately, that doesn’t help users that don’t have a looker account, I would like to share a pdf/csv/image and couldn’t do that with zapier. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!