Any way to hide selected dashboard level filters with an embedded dashboard?

ihayes
Participant III

Is there any way to hide selected dashboard filters for an embedded dashboard?

This problem has come about because of problems with passing long lists of user attribute values for an access filter on the URL, and the resulting URL is too long (before anybody suggests - cannot use groups because it is not possible to know these values in advance)

In our case, the dashboard has two filters. Both of the filters are required for using the dashboard within the Looker web UI, but only one is required for the embedded dashboard

7 10 4,294
10 REPLIES 10

This would be useful for us as well. We have linked dashboards passing around filter values that are just strings of numbers, and we would like this not to be part of the customer experience.

la5rocks
Participant III

Would user attributes fit your use case?

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but user_attributes need to be mapped manually to each user/group, right?

IanT
Participant V

create a theme in the admin section and turn off filters for theme, make use of this theme in embed - its all or nothing though.

As of the 23.0 release, individual filters can now be hidden via URL parameter: https://cloud.google.com/looker/docs/admin-panel-general-labs#hide_dashboard_filters

Hi @fabio1 I dont see this option available in our Looker instance(23.12.28)

Hi @priyanath - it's been promoted from a Labs feature to generally available, so you'll no longer find it in the Labs areas. You should now be able to use it directly by editing the dashboard embed URL - 

Thank you for yoyr response @fabio1 

Quick question, does this feature available for Lookml dashboards as well or just for user defined?

Best,

Priya

@priyanath - I'm actually not sure about this. Although the docs describe the feature under user-defined dashboards, I would guess there's a pretty good chance that it actually works for both, but I'd suggest a quick test to make sure!

@fabio1 I verified it and works with Lookml dashboards as well. Thank you