Welcome to the Data Explorers Guild

• 27 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Community Admin
  • 1166 replies

The Data Explorers Guild is a group of data enthusiasts that meet virtually each month to learn from one another, share experiences with Looker and data, and explore fun datasets in a collaborative environment. Join us for an hour of interactive data-driven fun & education with your fellow data explorers. All are welcome!

Each month, we meet for an hour of Data Exploration. We always meet the last Tuesday of the month.

Our agenda usually looks like this:

• Speed Networking — 15-20 minutes
    Pair up with 2-3 other Data Explorers for 5 minutes to connect, network, and chat about data/Looker. Sometimes, there’s secret Looker employee easter eggs you might run into.

• Dataset of the Month — 20 minutes
    Each month, in the first week of the month, we will release a new Dataset of the Month. In the Data Explorers Guild, which always takes place the last week of the month, we’ll come together to share what we’ve discovered about that dataset.
    Please take some time to explore the data before the event, and try to save 1 or 2 key insights you’d like to share with the group. During the event, we’ll invite folks to show what they discovered and we’ll explore together.

• User Presentations — ~20 minutes
    We always have space for a user to highlight a recent Looker project they’ve done, share best practices, or sit in the hot seat for an AMA session.
    If you have an idea for a presentation on data or Looker, no matter how big or small, let us know!

You’ll always find the latest DEG signup here, and in the Events page. Joining this group makes sure you’ll get full access to the Dataset of the Month, be able to participate in the conversation, and be notified about upcoming DEG events.

2 replies

Hi, how can I access the dataset of the month?

The link redirects me to a Login page of which says:

This instance powers the Data Explorers Guild and F.L.I.G.H.T School!

Want to register for a guild meeting? Go to discourse.looker.com/deg.

Here for the Advent of LookML? Go here to get an account

I have tried several times with my account, have tried reset the password but no email received. And I cannot find how to create a new account in this FLIGHT School

Any help?

Hi, how can I access the dataset of the month?

The link redirects me to a Login page of which says:

This instance powers the Data Explorers Guild and F.L.I.G.H.T School!

Want to register for a guild meeting? Go to discourse.looker.com/deg.

Here for the Advent of LookML? Go here to get an account

I have tried several times with my account, have tried reset the password but no email received. And I cannot find how to create a new account in this FLIGHT School

Any help?

I have exactly the same issue.