What's happening with Looker releases?

er1k
Participant V

It’s more than 3 months since the beginning of the year and Looker has managed to deploy only one version update to this day.

Looker 21.0 was post-poned and finally released in Feb. 21.2 was skipped and 21.4 is post-poned once again.

This means that in the Q1 the regular users of Looker got(excluding labs):

• Users can now create a custom measure from a custom dimension in the field picker.

That doesn’t sound like Gartner Challenger. Can someone explain why the new releases are happening less often and with less functionality than smth like 1-2 years ago with less people and less resources? 🙂

2 5 347
5 REPLIES 5

er1k
Participant V

Looks like “Knowledge Drops” swiped this topic away so bringing it back to top. 🙂 

rcronin
Participant I

Pushing this to the top as well. I’d really love some insight into this question/observation. As well as some information on a roadmap for 2021- beyond.

er1k
Participant V

I’m sorry for being the annoying guy who brings out some bad stuff but I need to question again the release notes.

Update 21.6:

29da14cd-07a1-4d30-9f37-74dc68d14444.png

Two years ago:

“One of my favorites that I learned recently is “Cmd-J” or “Ctrl-J” to jump to a specific file in the IDE.” https://community.looker.com/lookml-5/looker-life-hacks-join-me-11923?postid=23438#post23438

moebe
Participant V

and again, a release is postponed...

er1k
Participant V

and again, a release is postponed...

It’s so sad that it’s already funny. Need to wait one more week to get Cmd-J two years old functionality back to work.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors