Waterfall chart color

m-fernandes
Participant III

I’ve built a waterfall chart with some custom colors but some moments after, the colors return to the default ones. I’ve included the chart in a dashboard and sometimes when I refresh, the colors change back. I’ve no idea why is this happening, so I assume it is a bug.

Solved Solved
2 3 571
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We’re aware of this one and have opened a bug for it internally. If you use dashboards-next, this functionality may be resolved though we’re still working on the finer points of it.

Thanks for reporting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GenDemo
Participant V

+1

In the editor window:

38b6b502-a137-436e-9ebd-a9600e537656.png

as soon as  I click save:

a1cec42c-98fd-43d2-a2f0-e8bc8dbf03b7.png

Also, can we please get options to change the value colours, formats, axis formats and headings.

We’re aware of this one and have opened a bug for it internally. If you use dashboards-next, this functionality may be resolved though we’re still working on the finer points of it.

Thanks for reporting!

In the meantime, what I did to solve this was to add the colors that I want to use for my waterfall chart to the end of my company color swatch in Settings. Then choose your color collection and select reverse order. This way, Looker keeps the colors you’ve selected, and you can customize the up/down/total colors for your waterfall charts.

d799db3e-62d2-4cb9-878b-41e543c07d90.png
6d077b22-9a97-42f5-94ac-6a9e92190ba7.png

Hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors