Updating tiles automatically when changing filters

Is there a possibility to automatically update the dashboard when changing a filter?

Now you have to click on the update button, which is on the far right of the screen, after applying new filter conditions. 

405ea6cc-02bc-4b2d-9b31-c68b5df42734.png

Moving this button next to the filters or even removing it and automatically updating the tiles would be a great feature. Is this possible?

2 2 1,647
2 REPLIES 2

Dawid
Participant V

This could be a good feature for categorical filters. But imagine a date filter, let’s say I am at 2021-01-01 to 2021-01-08 and suddenly I want to switch to similar period last year. I change the first field to 2020-01-01 and that would cause the Dashboard to run again for a whole year. That is a potential for some expensive queries.

I do think that when creating filters, we could have an option that is FALSE by default, to say “Reload tiles connected to this filter on change”

This could be a good feature for categorical filters. But imagine a date filter, let’s say I am at 2021-01-01 to 2021-01-08 and suddenly I want to switch to similar period last year. I change the first field to 2020-01-01 and that would cause the Dashboard to run again for a whole year. That is a potential for some expensive queries.

I do think that when creating filters, we could have an option that is FALSE by default, to say “Reload tiles connected to this filter on change”

That’s indeed a potential for expensive queries. In our case it would be mainly the ‘country’ filter that would be changed, so having the option would be nice

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors