Toggling dimensions in a single graph (e.g. a diversity dashboard)

Hi Looker experts, I’m looking to create a dashboard for diversity analysis of an org.’s hiring practice.   The dashboard should dissect a group of people on 2 dimensions:

1. diversity criteria (e.g. gender, race, ethnicity)
  2. the stages in the hiring process (e.g. shortlisting, interview, selected, job offered

While the second dimension (stages) will remain static, the user should be able to toggle the first dimension - view the dissection across stages by gender first, then toggle to viewing by race etc.

I could mock this up in Excel as shown in the pic. The  diversity criteria is the filter to the overall graph, so users can toggle that attribute.

Would like to understand how I can create something similar in Looker.

(I have shared a snapshot of the data model that I used to get the chart in Excel as well.)

12f833c7-2cdb-4d87-914f-5c3eba8d054b.png
57a6d454-7658-4db4-a507-bc8e890a4c17.png
0 1 202
1 REPLY 1

If I understood you correctly, your case could use something called Dynamic Measures, which is a bit of a pattern/hack in Looker. Have a look at this post:

https://help.looker.com/hc/en-us/articles/4420226206739-How-to-Choose-a-Measure-to-Display-Dynamical...

The only difference is that you would do it do a dimension, I don’t see any problems with that. The only possible downside is that in the parameter you have to specify list of columns that can be selected

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors