Question

Single Record Visualization Missing Basic Options

• 31 July 2018
  • 5 replies

The ‘Single Record’ visualization is missing the ability to give custom names to series the way most other visualization options do. Currently, to make this work, we have to do a table calc for every single measure in our single record. Any reason this can’t be added?

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @maxgsoulcycle,

Single value visualizations don’t display the series name like other visualization types, so I’m curious why you need to give them custom names at all. Can you please describe how this would be helpful?

Thanks,

Philip

This would be useful for the same reason it is in other visualizations, any time you want a dimension or measure in the single row to have a different name when visualized in the stacked/single value version. If I pull a single row where the measure name is, for example, “Revenue LY” and I want it to just show as “LY” under an existing other measure called Revenue, I should be able to change the display name.

Userlevel 1

Hey @maxgsoulcycle,

My mistake, I thought you were talking about single value, not single record! I’ll put in a request to get this capability added for single record.

Thanks,

Philip

Thank you!

Hey @philip.martinelli,

It looks like this was never implemented. It would be a useful feature just like it is in the other visualizations. Also the ability to move the rows around since I don’t necessarily want my table calculations to be displayed last.

Is there an update on the implementation of this feature?

Thank you!