Sending dashboards to Google Chat via web hooks

Hi there,

I would like to schedule dashboards or looks for delivery into Google Chat. I see that there is not a native integration at this time, so I was hoping to use webhooks to achieve this.

When I tried to send a schedule via webhook I got the following error message:

Could not send webhook to "https://chat.googleapis.com/v1/spaces/AAAAGKiInmA/messages?key=AIzaSyDdI0hCZtE6vySjMm-WEfRq3CPzqKqqsHI&token=jVI9LABhrZ7so-690xMKWWivt5yiaqxmr4b1HOSxHeE%3D". { "error": { "code": 400, "message": "Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"type\" at 'message': Cannot find field.\nInvalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"scheduled_plan\" at 'message': Cannot find field.\nInvalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"mimetype\" at 'message.attachment': Cannot find field.\nInvalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"extension\" at 'message.attachment': Cannot find field.\nInvalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"data\" at 'messag (Webhook ID: 2fb6f8b31791ec31e86446e7efe41cf6)

Looking at this error, I believe it is because the payload from Looker is being sent with the parameter “message” but Google Chat requires the parameter to be “text”.

Is there any way to change the Looker payload that sends data to Google Chat, so that messages can be sent successfully?

Ben

4 1 734
1 REPLY 1

any followup to this? i see it's over a year old, i'm not holding my breath

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors