Scatterplot as a matrix

First of all, big thanks to @lindsey1  as this is a follow on from her topic Measure vs. Measure Scatterplots (3.28+) | Looker Community.

As many users before me, I am currently trying to find a workaround to create a a decent scatterplot. I have gotten as far as having measure vs measure scatterplot. See below(dimension1 is hidden, measure1 is on Y axis and measure2 is on x axis):

2efafcc3-fc88-4afc-8143-faaaa4acca64.png
measure vs measure scatterplot

This is good but I have two challenges now:

1. I need the dimension1 name included in the scatterplot. 
  2. I need to divide the scatterplot to 4 quadrants

Ref number 1. I now understand that there might be a way to include the dimension1 name in scatterplot by using liquid variable in a html element of a measure. Can anyone help me with that?

Ref number 2. I have gotten as far as creating a horizontal reference line (Visualization - Edit - Y - Markings - Add reference line) but is there a way to add vertical reference line as well? I found a bunch of examples but they only work with one measure. How can I create a vertical reference line for a measure vs. measure scatterplot? 

Thanks!

0 2 614
2 REPLIES 2

UPDATE: 

I now have dimension1 included in scatterplot. Not ideal but works! Special thanks to Zachary Michel and his article Displaying Values From Other Fields in the Tooltip – Looker Help Center !

All you have to do is add html parameter to your measure on Y axis:

measure: measure1 {  type: <your_type>  sql: ${your_dimension};;  html: {{ rendered_value }} || {{ dimension1._rendered_value }};;}

Just point number 2 left: How can I create a vertical reference line for a measure vs. measure scatterplot? 

UPDATE: Hi all. So unfortunately there does not seems to be a way to do this. Best thing I was able to come up with is 4 smaller versions of the same scatterplot, each specifically filtered out to only show the desired quadrant results. I would then just position these 4 tiles so that they form the matrix. See an example below(note: hovering over each of the dots will give you a breakdown of y axis measure, x axis measure and ‘dimension1’):

1bc9cc6f-f109-4b7b-9265-5d213e750258.png
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors