Scatter Plot

Hi, all,

I’m trying to produce a scatter plot like this in Looker. Basically I want to assign location name to each plot. It is possible?

0 5 1,419
5 REPLIES 5

Also, I wonder whether it’s possible to add trend line in both x and y axis?

J_R1

Hi Sunny - I believe all the details you need are in here: https://docs.looker.com/exploring-data/visualizing-query-results/scatter-options.

Towards the end of this page there is also information about adding trend or reference lines to your scatterplot.

Joe

Thanks Joe. I have seen the page but this doesn’t solve my problem.

This is what I’m hoping to achieve.

X-axis: occ
Y-axis: price
When I point to each plot, the name of the location will pop up but currently in the chart it only gives me the occ/price of the selected plot (shown below)

What I’m trying to achieve is to identify what are the buildings with high occ and high price, which will be a the top right corner in this chart.

john5

I had a similar use case and ended up using the html measure value to change it here’s the snippet from our instance
measure: total_gross_margin_percent
html: {{rendered_value}} on {{total_revenue._rendered_value}} in sales || {{dim_customer.combined_shipto_id_name}} ;;

This replaced just the margin percent value in the tool tip with " margin percent on revenue || customer name"

In the past, I’ve used HTML similar to what John suggests, but now I have a situation where the Measure might have different Dimensions grouping it.  For example, “Price” might be grouped by the Dimensions “Location Name” or something different like “User Name”.   I’d like to see the Dimensions’ value appear on the scatterplot even though it’s hidden.

Using this example in this thread, someone could create a scatter chart with the same Occ and Price X/Y axis grouped by the dimensions “Location Name” or “User Name” and see that “margin percent on revenue || location name" or “margin percent on revenue || user name"

I can’t find any documentation on how to do this.  Anyone tried to do something similar?  

Top Labels in this Space