Row Totals in Visualisation - Gear icon doesn't work in tile editing modal

Dawid
Participant V

The latest Release gives us ability to show Row Totals in the visualisation and to hide it or any pivot.

However the feature doesn’t work for me when I edit a tile from a Dashboard. It works fine in Explores. Can anybody confirm?

It feels like some JS dependency is not being loaded when this window is opened.

1 4 292
4 REPLIES 4

I could not click on the gear that allows me to hide any pivot even in my environment. This is only when editing the dashboard, in Explore it is not a problem.

• Looker 22.20.28
  • macOS Monterey 12.6.1
  • Chrome 108.0.5359.94
  • Firefox 107.0.1

This change is unbelievable… we have been using bar chart visualization with row_totals for table calculations since forever, in order to decide if a row should be visible… and now the visualization includes the row totals in the visualization.. and we are not able to hide it in the visualization configuration (as it used to work).. We have dozens of dashboards with lots of looks using this kind of visualization and we are now supposed to change everything - this means hours of duplicate work - because some product manager did not came with a good solution for this change?

IanT
Participant V

Sometimes its a painful process going through support (raising a ticket and the back and forth) but I am fairly confident that raising bugs here doesn't appear on Lookers/Googles radar.

The reason I am confident is because I spoke to a customer support manager and asked if they are aware of the numerous bugs you/the forum find and report and they made a point of noting down your forum handle…..and they rarely/never reply here.

Can confirm this issue as well.

We have found that adding new syntax to LookML dashboards works for our codebase.

hidden_pivots:
"$$$_row_total_$$$":
is_entire_pivot_hidden: true
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors