Remove table name prefix from legend in Dashboard line chart

Hi! How could I remove the table name from the legend? I’m using a line chart to show the trends over time and I’m grouping the total costs by type (“Hourly salary” for example) and cost type (“Total Absencecost” for example), but the table name “Poc cost” appears in the legend and I’m not able to remove it. 

20a40b42-26f5-43e1-81e9-3b8f3efae0b0.png
0 9 1,125
9 REPLIES 9

can you check the output of your SQL code and see what is there?

Can you edit the visualisation and see if you can change the custom labelling?

Let me know if you have tried those @edoardogorla.

Hi Kehinde, I apologize for a late answer. 

I tried those. That behavior only happens when I want to show two or more metrics in the same line chart grouped by a dimension. If I have only one metric everything looks fine. 

Can you show us your data table including headers? Do you mean grouped or pivoted by dimension? When I have a date + pivot + measure, I never see full name of the field (only in axes if I enable Show Full Field Name)

Try toggling off the full field name under series:

c1869f65-910a-413b-acd6-198583637921.png

@Dawid I meant pivoted by dimension. And I also never see full name of the field when I have date+pivot+measure, but if I have more than one measure I do see it (e.g. date+pivot+measure+measure) 

dc6495d1-b8d0-4529-9936-19a746572164.png

@n_davis yeah “Show full field name” is toggled off

Okay got it. With more than one measure you will see “<pivot value> <view label> <field label>” I don’t think there’s a way to change it other than using labels in visualisation settings - at least that’s what I do but when a new pivot value comes on board, you’d have to edit your visualisation.

@Dawid Okay thanks. Could you please show/tell me how you edit legend labels then?

Here you can override the names:

79575aca-d091-41fc-a2c5-0b3837a13212.png

Settings → Series → Customizations → Label

So does changing the label fix it @edoardogorla?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors