Place filters anywhere

bonomi

Trying to lay out a dashboard is making me feel a bit like I’m back on iOS.

I’d like to position a filter anywhere, or at least along the horizontal.

I want to place the relevant filers with the relevant Looks, this would be much more user-friendly and intuitive.

8ac6e9c7-fa00-4724-84f9-d156a0be0029.png
6 5 873
5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

I don’t think this feature is available today on Dashboard Next but I totally agree with you :we can already drag and drop filters in the top bar, I don’t understand why drag and drop is not allowed anywhere on the dashboard…

We should probably open a feature request on this 😉

Antho

bonomi

We should probably open a feature request on this 😉

Antho

I couldn’t find a section in the community for that? 🙂

You should go here now, directly from web UI 😉

74212a0f-760f-4bb9-bcff-a177c6036d22.png

bonomi

Oooh in Looker itself. I was looking in Community. Almost tempted to make another suggestion 🙂

Thanks @antho 

I don’t know if the feature request can be done by group, but anyway I would love to place filters anywhere on dashboards as well! 🙂

This could be really useful in terms of UX, especially for the users to choose Parameters/Filters at the intended time when looking at the dashboard.

For instance when implementing a dynamic metric/dimension selector (described here), placing the selector anywhere on the dashboard - most notably right above the Look using the metric/dimension - would be great to allow users to easily understand that the selector/filter has an effect only on said Look.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors