Pass Dashboard filters from one to another dashboard using link

sri75

Hi,

I am trying to pass my dashboard filters from parent to child and I am not sure what i am doing wrong but i cant get the filters right

Here is the link I am using

link: {

label: “Drill Dashboard” 

url: ‘’/dasboards-next/100?Name={{Value}}&AsofDate={{ _filters[‘Date.AsofDate’] | url_encode }}&AccountName={{ _filters[‘Account.AccountName’] | url_encode }}

Here As of Date and AccountName are my parent dashboard filters . Whenever i am trying to do this the AsofDate doesnt work and it shows up empty in the child dashboard url and when i am including account name the lookml code says expected value to be a field name and I am not sure what it means . I tried checking the explore and model if the view and field has been used elsewhere and i donot find any. 

Solved Solved
1 2 2,092
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sri75

I figured it out but its very weird since its different syntax from what i see in looker docs , so i am not sure how it worked but the solution is to remove _filters, my url now looks like this

url: ‘’/dasboards-next/100?Name={{Value}}&AsofDate={{ [‘Date.AsofDate’] | url_encode }}&AccountName={{ [‘Account.AccountName’] | url_encode }}

Once i did this it worked like a charm

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sri75

I figured it out but its very weird since its different syntax from what i see in looker docs , so i am not sure how it worked but the solution is to remove _filters, my url now looks like this

url: ‘’/dasboards-next/100?Name={{Value}}&AsofDate={{ [‘Date.AsofDate’] | url_encode }}&AccountName={{ [‘Account.AccountName’] | url_encode }}

Once i did this it worked like a charm

this didn't work for us. Anyone else has an option?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors