Page header and footer

Has anyone figured out how to create a page header and footer so that the header and footer repeats on each page? A page number is one of the items that must also incrementally change in both the header and footer. 

Solved Solved
1 4 2,097
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well that’s a very good reason! Makes sense.

I dropped a line on our internal tracking of this request, and you’d be welcome to add your vote to it too using our feedback portal:

https://community.looker.com/getting-started-1006/feature-requests-how-your-feedback-makes-looker-be...

We’ve seen customers that really need this accomplish it a few ways— Using the API to pull data and customize it in an external report, using something like zapier to run the data through some formatting workflows and generating a PDF, or using the Looker extension framework to create a custom application for auditors. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hmm, there’s no built-in Header/Footer setting on dashboards, but if you know the paper size that you’ll be exporting to, then you should be able to set up HTML (or just simple text tiles) in the appropriate places. That would be manual, though. 

I’m curious— what are you hoping to add in repeating headers/footers, besides just page number?

These reports are for government compliance and require certain information to appear as page headers and footers. Some of it is plain text and other info is from DB.

Well that’s a very good reason! Makes sense.

I dropped a line on our internal tracking of this request, and you’d be welcome to add your vote to it too using our feedback portal:

https://community.looker.com/getting-started-1006/feature-requests-how-your-feedback-makes-looker-be...

We’ve seen customers that really need this accomplish it a few ways— Using the API to pull data and customize it in an external report, using something like zapier to run the data through some formatting workflows and generating a PDF, or using the Looker extension framework to create a custom application for auditors. 

I have communicated this request to support. I posted here to explore if other options were possible. Because of confidentiality, using 3rd party apps is not an option. 

Top Labels in this Space