No "Format Data As" Option in Looker Instance

ruairi
Participant I

I currently work on multiple instances of Looker, all at version 7.12.29. Currently an upgrade is not possible.

When I create a dashboard, I want to be able to send it as an image file by email.

In one instance, it gives me the option to “Format Data As (visualization)”.

In the other, there is no “Format Data As” option at all.

I am in identical roles and groups on both instances. From what I understand, I need to ask an admin to change a setting, but the admin at my company is new and not yet familiar with the platform. Would it be possible to get some direction on how to enable this feature?

Thanks in advance

0 5 164
5 REPLIES 5

leobardor
Participant V

Hi Ruairi. 

It's an old old version of the product, I think uploading some screenshots of the current options you have in the dashboard you are working on will help the team.... 

Consider upgrading!!

Best,

Leo

ruairi
Participant I

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the response. I’d love to upgrade, unfortunately not up to me.

Attached is what I currently see. However, in the other Looker instances (again, all version 7.12.29) I see a “Format Data As” option with the ability to send as Visualization above the Trigger section.

6e2e9462-6135-4eca-ae6b-1ad97d85da06.png

leobardor
Participant V

Hi Ruairi!

I think this looker guide should help:

Admin settings - Scheduled Emails

Choosing Data format

eb2ad977-9669-4eab-a785-57d76bf375f5.png

Best regards,

Leo

ruairi
Participant I

Hi Leo,

Still no dice, I’m afraid. The Send Link & Data option was already ticked. I changed it to another setting, then changed it back to Send Link & Data, but there’s still no “Format Data As” in the schedule ?

Any other thoughts? If it’s a patch missing or something, do you know where I might find out about that? And I can compare the working instance to the non-working instance?

Cheers,

leobardor
Participant V

Hi Ruairi!

Can you please validate if the looker instance has “Chromium” installed?

URL Instructions to install if needed:

Looker - Chromium renderer

Best,

Leo

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors