Multiple data points in a single cell

I have a table on a dashboard that shows the amount of marketing spend along with various performance metrics by month (each row is a different month).

What I’d like to do is take one of those conversions and add a month-over-month comparison from the previous row. I know we can do this as an extra column pretty easily, but this table already has several columns so the stakeholder would like a different solution …

My question is, is there a way to add this additional data to the currently existing cells? For example, the conversions metric in a given row would also have the delta from the previous row (instead of in another cell/column). So that would look like `[X% (+/- y%)]`

An example from Google Analytics: 

00f00e48-ee8a-400f-8c5c-40885860f262.jpg

You can see in the “Sessions” column here, there are two data points in each cell (same for “Revenue” and “Transactions”) … is there a way to do this in Looker? Perhaps a marketplace extension that unlocks this functionality?

0 2 604
2 REPLIES 2

You might be able to utilise html parameter in the definition of your measure, however, only if the total is also a column in your source data table because the LookML doesn’t allow us to use “total” context.

If you had such a global total, you could use:

html: <span>{{ rendered value }}</span> <span>{{ another_field._value }}</span>

but you’ll be responsible for formatting of both fields as well

thanks Dawid, I’ll give that a try!

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors