Multiple currencies management in a dashboard

Hello there,

I’m looking for an efficient way to manage the display of reporting in various currencies.

We are an international company dealing with product on multiple currencies. We tend to have all of our reporting in Euro but as some countries are reporting in USD or GBP, we also have a conversion table from which we have calculated all of our revenue and cost in the 3 currencies. So we end up with 3 metrics of revenue and 3 metrics of cost  (one for each currency). 

The issue is that when doing a dashboard, I’d like to find a way to let the user select his prefered currency and have the right metrics selected. So currently, we have a dashboard for each currency that get the right column. 

Ideally, I would like to have the user select the currency as a filter on the top of the dashboard, which will lead to only display the right metrics in the desired currency so that we don’t have to multiply the dashboards by currency. 

I don’t see anything about it in the help section but maybe someone has an idea? 🙂

Thank you!

0 2 367
2 REPLIES 2

JMJ1
Participant II

You could create a parameter to selecte the currency, and a attribute related to that parameter. For example:

parameter: par_currency{

allowed_value: {

label: "Euro"

value: "EUR"

}

label: "Dolar"

value: "USD"

}

label: "Pounds"

value: "GBP"

}

}

dimension: currency_rate_exchange{

label_from_parameter: par_currency

type: number

sql:  CASE {% parameter par_currency%}

WHEN "EUR" THEN @{rate_exchange_EUR}

WHEN "USD" THEN @{rate_exchange_USD}

WHEN "GBP" THEN @{rate_exchange_GBP}

END

;;

}

JMJ

Thank you for this.

Is there a way that I can use the parameter as part of the field name or use it as the actual fieldname? 

Thank you.

David

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors