Lookerstudio barchart filtered by columns

Hi everybody,

I am facing some issues trying to create a barchart on Lookerstudio.

I have a GSheets dataset where every row is a project and I have columns such as average monthly income, success probability (probability to win the project), and monthly income from that project (July 1st, 2023, August 1st, 2023, etc.)

The final outcome I would like to achieve is a bar chart showing expected revenue by time (e.g. in the next 4 months, next year, etc.). I imagine x-axis to be time (July 1st, 2023, August 1st, 2023, etc.) and y-axis to be expected income. I would then have a date range control to change the time interval to my liking and a drop-down list control with success probability.

I tried two approaches:

1. I used the dataset with project=row, but that doesn’t allow me to filter by time, since my unit of observation is project.
  2. I transposed the dataset so that unit of observation is time (July 1st, 2023, August 1st, 2023, etc.) instead. Now my rows are time, and my columns are projects. The data is average monthly income. The issue with this is that it doesn’t show total average income as one bar, but requires me to add a metric for each project instead. Also, I still have to figure out if and how I would be able to filter by success probability, since now the unit of observation is time and success probability is a project-dependent variable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can attach spreadsheets or graphs if anything is not clear enough.

0 0 36
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors