Looker Filter that can evaluate to more than one condition

I'm trying to create a filter for my dashboard.

49b778b9-f920-41a7-9672-eacd826d0425.png

I need the filter to be able to evaluate to more than one condition.

For example, my logic can look like the following:

case
when account_age < 1 then 'populate new accounts'
when account_health = 'red' then 'populate unhealthy accounts'
end

So in the case where an account is new and unhealthy...I'm running into problems. The filter will only evaluate to the first match.

Meaning if the account is new, it will just populate when someone selects populate new account and will not appear when someone selects populate unhealthy accounts.

How can I create a filter that can evaluate to more than one criterion when selected?

So in this case, I want the account to appear when populate new account

is selected but also populate when you select: populate unhealthy account

0 1 772
1 REPLY 1

bump….

Also, what I’ve started attempting is creating a dimension in the table that appends the possible criteria that an account meets and separates it with it a pipe “ | “. 

For example,  an account will have a dimension that has the following text:
 “Meets New Account Criteria | Meets Unhealthy Account Criteria | Meets Trending Down Criteria | etc...” 

Then the hope is to use some sort of like/contains operation in the filter…

435cd43f-83a3-4cd3-8dc7-0d3a22a38853.png

So for example, the filter will use contains: “new account criteria” and then the account will populate. But it will also populate when the filter contains “unhealthy account criteria”.

With this approach, it might be feasible for an account to be filtered for more than one criterion and not just the first one that it evaluates in the case statement

Just don’t know how to create filter options with contains for dashboards…. thoughts? 

Top Labels in this Space