Keep Help/Note hover icon with hidden title

Hey y’all

Self explanatory title. I don't believe there is a way to keep the help/note icon visible without showing the title. Any alternatives?  Or maybe a feature for the next release?

Notes have been kinda helpful to explain metrics. But certain tiles work better without title.

4e828bec-6367-463a-a0bc-527eed9c0499.png
1 9 1,157
9 REPLIES 9

Hi nestor,

This isn’t possible for most visualisations, but is possible for single value visualisations as you seem to have in your example. This may be a fix if the only visualisations you’d like this for are single values.

Best,

Naomi

Thanks for the answer, Naomi.

The example is marketplace viz MultipleValue2 and I would like to user for other visualizations as well.

Still, to make this possible in a single value, which parameter/option are you referring to?

I don’t think that’s possible in other visualisations unfortunately. An option may be to put it below the visual. 

The title of the single value visualisation appears underneath the number, so the hover still works. I suggest changing one of your tiles to this and saving the dashboard to see. 

Hope this helps, even though it’s not a full solution. 
Naomi

Thanks! But I might be missing something, cause the title option I can change is the one in red, already visible on the left picture (original post), with no note/help icon. Hover appears  only when the tile title is visible.

You mentioned the example is a visualisation from the marketplace which may be why. 

The visualisation I was talking about is a built-in Looker single value visualisation: https://docs.looker.com/exploring-data/visualizing-query-results/single-value-options

I see.  It indeed works with Single Value, but I'm back to the lack of text color formatting that made me change to the marketplace visualization at first. Color, HTML and conditional format seems to be changing only the number and the icon.

a66c5039-a5f9-4573-985b-7f1c75ec9b86.png

Yes, HTML won’t format the title in a single value viz unfortunately.

You can change the colour of the number and title in Edit section of the visualisation, under Value Color, or conditional formatting should change the title and value.

So we have a bug? Cause I changed both Color and Conditional Format and the text doesn't keep the red formatting. While editing, I can see the proper color. After saved, text turns into grey. Interestingly, the note/help icon is still red.

That is strange, as the conditional format works when I test. This may be something to speak to support about.

My last suggestion is to change the title of the viz to a space (“ “), which keeps the hover. It does mean the visualisations will no longer have titles when you edit either. 

0fc1fa68-7629-4d21-80bd-132a257202d9.png
2c21f807-af03-47cc-92bd-b1fea8558ae0.png

It’s a bit of hack, and definitely not a full solution.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors