Is there a way to show city names on top of Static Map / Map in Looker?

Hi everyone, i found a topojson file and implement map_layer_name : “abc.topojson” and saw the city locations in a heatmap format. however i want to see citynames and its measure value without clicking city name or hover over on the map.

To make myself clearer, i tried to implement tableau to looker migration for heatmaps. In tableau we can  see city names and its measure value on top of the map. i tried to implement this on looker as well. can i manage to do this with just a topojson file or do i have to use mapbox/streetmap extension for looker which needs an extra ephor/job?

I add an tableau example as well. Here we can see city/territory with its values. no need to hover over or click. Thanks.

e54e5e59-e846-48c0-b6df-29a763ea2738.png
0 2 347
2 REPLIES 2

Oh yes that is one thing thhat I would love to have in Looker maps. Not a tooltip but labels and labels with values. Currently it’s not possible..

Thanks Dawid, can i managed to do this with streetmap/mapbox extension though? Do you have any previous experience with mapbox on looker? I found this link and i may tried to implement mapbox on looker if my question could be solved.

https://community.looker.com/dashboards-looks-7/adding-common-map-layers-to-your-instance-14308
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors