Question

Is it possible to have different conditional formating for measures in Look Visulization?

• 25 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

I have few measures on the Look. Now i want to apply conditional formating to measures based on certain rules. Now I only want to apply certain rules to few measures and others on other measures. But Looker only allows to whether to apply or not apply rules, is there a way to have customize formating for each measures at the visulization level?

Also is it possible to replace measure values with String if data is Null using conditional formating or calculatee field. I have percentage measure on the look and want to change it to ‘Not Tracked’ if value of the measure is null else display percentage value. Looker is not allowing to have boolean, string, int conversion using if() as this is not the valida case for the SQL (I believe). Is there a way to achieve this type of formating at the Look Visulization level?

1 reply

Userlevel 2

@kshah7 It’s currently all-or-nothing when it comes to conditional formatting on the visualization level, but I can pass this along to the Product team and let them know it’s something you would be interested in.

If you have development access, you can apply more selective conditional formatting to the measure in the modeling layer as demonstrated in this Discourse article

As for your second question, you’re correct that you cannot combine two different value types at the Look Visualization level. It would be possible to do in the modeling layer with a CASE WHEN statement.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!