Is Equal To filter, AND instead of OR/IN

Chris_Tinnon
Participant III

I have a filter with hundreds of options. I have it set to use “is equal to” but the looker behavior is to do a where field in (value1, value2). What I need is for it to be where field = value1 and field = value2.

Custom Filters is not the right solution because I can’t expect users to do that.

Is this even possible?

2 8 3,027
8 REPLIES 8

JohnRomanski
Participant III

Hi Chris! Could you provide a little more background? how could a field = "Value1" AND field = "Value2"?

Chris_Tinnon
Participant III

Your question led me to conclude my question is insanity. I have a bad data model and need to make it better.

Sheesh. This was an embarrassing post!

Hi, I have the same problem as Chris first posted. Whilst I realise he decided in the end it was not what he needed. I do believe I need it. I am looking at a list of locations and only want the results to show should both criteria apply, hence the need for “AND”;

If the site has been visited 3 or more times in the last 14 days AND also been visited 4 or more times in the last 30 days. I am using a “Date Raised Date” as my field filter. Is it possible to apply this, at the moment it is only giving me the option as an “OR”

+1

Hi @JohnRomanski - a customer could be tagged as “tag 1” and “tag2” since there’s a one to many relationship between a customer and a tag.  Has this request been solutioned yet? 

IanT
Participant V

filter on “tag=tag1 or tag=tag2” having count of tags = 2

Hi, I also have a use case where my data contains a combination key as a string and I need to build filtering so users can match multiple substrings within the key. Ideally this would look like contains “substring1” AND contains “substring2”. Currently can only use OR statements.

Also looking for this feature, any updates on how to do this?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors