How to show KPI's

Hi there,

I’m very new to the Looker and need some help to get the KPI indicator on the dashboard. I want to know how to add the KPI indicator in the dashboard. So, suppose if the growth is positive then the indicator should show a ‘green upward triangle’ and if it’s less than 0, I want to show the ‘red downward triangle’. Please find the snapshot for the same.

I saw this on Looker’s website but couldn’t find the tutorial for the same (here’s the website for the same: https://looker.com/blog/4-easy-ways-to-embed-analytics-with-looker). Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 6 2,625
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Simant_Sah,

For these sort of things, I like to look at official Looker dashboards where these features are being used. If you are an admin, you can do the following:

• Under “Labs” Setting, enable the Beta feature called “System Activity Model”.

• Next, click on the “Admin” tab and you will see the new System Activity Dashboards.

• Select the dashboard called “Database Performance”.

• Click on the title of the Look called “Results from Cache”. This will open the Look as an Explore.

• You can now see how the Look is built and can easily recreate it.

I hope this helps! I’m sure you can get it from here. However, if you still don’t understand how to get it, let me know and I can explain how comparisons work in more detail.

All the best,
Jasper

Thanks, Jasper. It was very helpful!!

How can I do this if I do not have admin access? @Simant_Sah @blue1 

You can achieve that if you grant any user the following permission: see_system_activity 

077980a0-4282-4d64-909d-2cd868bdd40a.png

Then they will be able to access System Activity Explores

from what @Simant_Sah uploaded, the very first image attached. how do I get that add the Total order's text under the KPI number?

Hi @Kehinde,

The text under the KPI is the title of the Look.

You can also overwrite the title in the Visualization settings.

All the best,

blue

Top Labels in this Space