How to show KPI's

Hi there,

I’m very new to the Looker and need some help to get the KPI indicator on the dashboard. I want to know how to add the KPI indicator in the dashboard. So, suppose if the growth is positive then the indicator should show a ‘green upward triangle’ and if it’s less than 0, I want to show the ‘red downward triangle’. Please find the snapshot for the same.

I saw this on Looker’s website but couldn’t find the tutorial for the same (here’s the website for the same: https://looker.com/blog/4-easy-ways-to-embed-analytics-with-looker). Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 6 2,607
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Simant_Sah,

For these sort of things, I like to look at official Looker dashboards where these features are being used. If you are an admin, you can do the following:

• Under “Labs” Setting, enable the Beta feature called “System Activity Model”.

• Next, click on the “Admin” tab and you will see the new System Activity Dashboards.

• Select the dashboard called “Database Performance”.

• Click on the title of the Look called “Results from Cache”. This will open the Look as an Explore.

• You can now see how the Look is built and can easily recreate it.

I hope this helps! I’m sure you can get it from here. However, if you still don’t understand how to get it, let me know and I can explain how comparisons work in more detail.

All the best,
Jasper

Thanks, Jasper. It was very helpful!!

How can I do this if I do not have admin access? @Simant_Sah @blue1 

You can achieve that if you grant any user the following permission: see_system_activity 

077980a0-4282-4d64-909d-2cd868bdd40a.png

Then they will be able to access System Activity Explores

from what @Simant_Sah uploaded, the very first image attached. how do I get that add the Total order's text under the KPI number?

Hi @Kehinde,

The text under the KPI is the title of the Look.

You can also overwrite the title in the Visualization settings.

All the best,

blue

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors