How to download all the tiles in a looker dashboard in CSV format?

Is there an option to directly download a CSV file of a dashboard/tile through looker APIs?

For context here is the scenario we are looking for.
We need the `Download to CSV` option from a looker dashboard but we need to provide this for all the users in our system. 
Adding Embedded URL’s (through iFrame) requires users to be created for each and every user from our system, which is not required or the use case as we don’t need to picture view of the same.

So we are trying to build an `Download button` on our end which will invoke the dashboard API in looker(if it exists) specifying the parameters/filters which in return provides the CSV file which can be downloaded by the end user. This will need to use just one user in looker (one unique user to fetch this info).

Can this be done through looker API in any way? We are ok with async way as well. 
Like submit a request to find the CSV. Use some `status` API to check (polling) if the CSV is ready and then download when ready. 
@LookerExperts  

1 4 1,338
4 REPLIES 4

fajaribnuf
Participant I

I also have the same case and still trying to find the way to do this

a_shah
Participant IV

Hi @vishnuprasadb@fajaribnuf  - There is a way to get a URL from Looker that can be embedded under a button and when the button is clicked, it downloads the Look's data in csv format. Follow below steps

1. Go the the specific Look > click the gear on right top > select "Edit Setting" option

L_F_3.PNG

2. From the URL section, copy the full part and paste in a notepad, in the URL delete every thing after the '?' , including '?'.

3 The remaining URL will end with '.txt', change it to '.csv' and test the URL in a new tab of browser.

4. For me it worked and downloaded a csv file with data of that particular Look.

Hope this helps

~Ashish

hi darling, i don't see that option on "Edit Settings" and i don't know what to do 😞

Krit0_74_0-1695734261107.png

@Krit0_74 - It seems you do not have permissions to see that option. You can check with the Looker admin on this.

~Ashish

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors