How To create a Heatmap (choropleth map) with two layers?

Is it possible to make a heatmap with two different layers? I have a list of zip codes and a count for each one. However, these zip codes fall into one of two categories, indicated by a column in my table with a value of 0 or 1. I tried pivoting that column and creating a map. But this is what I got:

It seems that it should be a map with some zip codes painted orange and some blue (by what the map legend shows). But instead it just painted them all green. Ideally, I would want a gradient of colors for each type of zip, according to the size of its count (You know, like a heat map…) but on two different scales, depending on whether it’s a 1 or a 0 on the filter column.

0 3 1,362
3 REPLIES 3

I tried doing something very similar and it worked for me… While I don’t think it makes a difference, is your zipcode numeric or string? It should be string. Is the count in the results? If so, try hiding the count from the visualization. In my case, it didn’t matter - it just worked.

Here’s a snip of he visualization I created:

Alright. So if I take the count out of the table, then I get a map where the zeros are green and the ones are red. That is a step in the right direction… But what I would really like is to have a gradient of green (light green to dark green) for all the zip codes with a 0, depending on how many items are in that zip code (the count that I had to take out). And also a gradient of red for the zip codes with a 1. Is that possible? Essentially, putting these two maps together:

No, I don’t see any way to accomplish gradients here.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors